Monday, January 08, 2007

Coming to America

I live in the land of milk and honey,
Reside outdoors where life is sunny,
Work for minimum wage,
Puts my starving wife into a rage,
Clean toilets for five dollars an hour,
Homeless, never take a shower
And my odor is so bad,
When I leave - they all seem glad,
In the golden land
Of the brave and the free
I'm just a shabby refugee
Getting little sympathy,
Yet, in Porkistan I was a PHD
Where doctors go hungry, just like me,
Though in America I live in style,
Eat quite well once in a while,
Still, I have an important wish
To really learn the Enge-lish,
But my very greatest desire
Is to be a Congressman
With sinecure and retire,
Besides, they have the lucrative hobby
To collect graft
From those chaps called the lobby
And live the good life without fear
For they can vote for themselves
A raise every year,
And be always assured
To be fully insured
From the erection
To the resurrection.

Alfred Charasz
Copyright 2007 Alfred Charasz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home