Monday, May 11, 2009

Addiction Clinic Applicant

Chase the cold turkey blues
and get the bread for the next fix,
two C's worth of stuff for the day,
had to rip off some dudes
early in the morning
around Chelsea,
last one gave me static,
had to cool him with my blade,
stuck him good and split
before the pigs came,
brought the loot
to the connection
and got me a quarter of dope,
took it to the shooting gallery
and got me a high,
not as good as it used to be,
there's just never enough...
but man, I'm tired of this hassle,
running, going nowhere,
worried about tomorrow's rip-off,
gimme a chance, man,
put me on today,
I'm beat, so damn beat,
tired of cutting dudes,
tired of the street...
I want to be like them dudes
with the ties - all clean and nice...

Alfred Charasz
Copyright 2009 Alfred Charasz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home